Cold Pressed Groudnut Oil (मूंगफली का तेल) | Raw & Unrefined | All Purpose Use | Glass Bottle | Zero Preservatives
Our groundnut oil is made from farm fresh groundnut seeds. They are cold pressed on a traditional stone-wooden chekku/ghani without any addition of any heat-solvents to obtain fresh and aromatic virgin groundnut oil. Highest quality and graded groundnut seeds are cold pressed without any addition of any heat-solvents to obtain fresh and aromatic virgin groundnut oil. Once the raw oil is pressed, it is left to sediment for a couple of days before it is filtered by a cheese-cloth and packed in glass bottled.
- Made from 100% farm fresh groundnut seeds
- Single pressed on wooden chekku to extract the maximum bio-active oil
- No chemicals or heat solvents are added during the extraction process
- Contains zero additives or preservatives
- May have sediment deposit sometimes (natural to occur in raw & unrefined oil)
- Naturally heat stable (suitable for all types of cooking)
- Naturally bio-active (nutrient-densed)
What is the difference between cold pressed and heat-solvent oils?
USE FOR COOKING (Ideal for stirfry and deepfrying)
Cold pressed virgin mustard oil is highly heat stable and has a high smoke point, making it suitable for stirfrying or sautéing to even deep frying your ingredients.
USE FOR SKIN & HAIR
With many skincare benefits, virgin mustard oil can be used for body massage, and hair oil.
USE FOR INFANT MASSAGE
Traditionally cold pressed mustard oil has been used for infant massage. Contains anti-bacterial, anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties.
Our groudnut oil is packed in high-quality glass bottles.
1. Unlike plastic, glass is one of the safest material to store food products for long. Glass has the unique ability of not interacting or leeching into the food and that keeps the ghee safe and pure for the longest time.
2. Our smart glass bottles are made from the highest quality glass raw material.
3. Once you oil is over, you can reuse these glass bottles to store any other items in your kitchen.
4. If you are locally-based (to our store), you can also bring these glass bottles to our store for a refill. All refills are eligible for a discount.
5. If by any chance, the glass bottles break, you can send it for recycling. The best part is that glass can be recycled endlessly without any reduction in quality.
Our 1 Ltr groundnut oil is shipped in plastic bottles across India. This is because our 1Ltr oil bottles are made of fragile glass and have got damaged multiple times. We are looking for alternates and will shift soon to better solutions. Till then, please bear with us!
250ML bottles (groundnut) will be shipped in glass bottles only.
Our commitment to sustainability remains our top priority. We request you to reuse the plastic bottles and bubble-wraps or simply ship it back to us as we recycle all our packaging material.
What is the difference between 'kachi ghani' & 'cold pressed'?
'Kachi ghani' refers to cold pressing methods (ideally). So it essentially means the same. Moreover, it would be more ideal to check if the extraction method used any 'heat-solvents' or refining processes post extraction. Cold pressed oils would usually be 'first and single pressed', with no 'heat-solvents', and would not be refined post extraction. Such oils are raw, unrefined and naturally sedimented. They would be free from chemicals, additives, preservatives or any bleding (mixing of oils) as well.
What is the shelf life?
Cold pressed oils are best consumed fresh. Our suggested best before date is 6 months. However, the oil can easily be used for much longer, just keep a check on changes in smell and change the oil if the smell goes bad.
Is cold pressed groundnut oil better than normal (refined) groundnut oil?
Studies have shown that cold pressed oils have higher nutrition than refined oils. Cold pressed oils are nutrient-packed and all bio-active compounds are available. Our cold pressed oils do not contain any toxic solvent residues, or any chemicals, additives or preservatives. They are free from any blending as well.
My cold pressed oil is creating a fizz/foam. Is that normal?
Cold pressed oils may sometimes create foam or fizz while cooking. This is because fresh cold pressed oils may have some moisture present in it. It is by no means rancid or bad. The moisture gets heated and evaporates and you can continue cooking. The quality of oil is not compromised.
Why are cold pressed oils more expensive than normal oils?
Cold pressed methods have significantly lower extraction yield which impacts the cost of oil. Cold pressed yields 33% (approx) oil vs heat-solvent extracts upto 70% oil. Read more about extraction method.
What are the ingredients? Is it blended with any other oil?
We use 100% best quality groundnut seeds. No blending or mixing is done.
Do you have bigger packing of mustard oil available?
Yes, we have 5Ltrs and 15Lrs pack available. Drop us a whatsapp text on 90848 94625 to enquire or order bigger packaging.
Are there any value saver schemes for groundnut oil?
Yes, you can avail a monthly subscription at discounted rates. Drop us a whatsapp text on 90848 94625 to enquire.